While the coronavirus pandemic escalates and there is more and more talk of school closures and self-isolating, there is some good news to share – this time from The House of Mouse.
That’s right, in the darkness comes some light with the news that Disney+ have released Frozen 2, three months ahead of schedule.
According to a statement issued by the company, the decision to release the animated hit early was for “surprising families with some fun and joy during this challenging period.”
“Frozen 2 has captivated audiences around the world through its powerful themes of perseverance and the importance of family, messages that are incredibly relevant during this time,” Disney‘s CEO Bob Chapek explained in a statement.
“And we are pleased to be able to share this heartwarming story early with our Disney+ subscribers to enjoy at home on any device.”
The early release of Frozen 2 has been joyfully received by parents who are self-isolating at home due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Disney+ shared the news of the early release on their Instagram account and the comments flooded in from grateful parents.
“Thank you Disney+ for helping make this hard time a little easier! ❤️” wrote one.
“Now my quarantined kids will have something to do,” commented another.
Frozen 2 is the highest-earning animated film of all time, with $1.4 billion in global box office grosses.
Families in the United States can catch Frozen 2 on Dinsey+ starting Sunday, and parents in Canada, Australia and New Zealand will get Frozen 2 on Tuesday, March 17.
Disney have taken other steps in response to the global coronavirus pandemic. The studio has delayed the cinematic release of their live-action Mulan, halted production on multiple movies, and closed all their theme parks globally, to try and stop the spread of the illness.
Everything you need to know about the Coronavirus and how to stay sane during self isolation
- How the PM’s new coronavirus rules will impact your everyday life
- All of the celebrities who have been affected by coronavirus
- How Australia’s upgraded travel ban impacts you, your family and your friends amid the COVID-19 pandemic
- What does the coronavirus mean for your favourite TV shows?
- Uplifting movies and shows to stream in these dark, self-isolating times
- How the royal family has been affected by the coronavirus
- So long, daggy PJs! Chic and and comfy loungewear to wear whilst self-isolating
- Free at-home workouts you can do while in self-isolation
- Coronavirus and pregnancy: New advice for pregnant women to take extra precautions
- Coronavirus and ibuprofen: What parents need to know to keep kids safe
- Prime Minister, Scott Morrison says schools will remain open amid COVID-19
- Coronavirus and swim schools: Are swimming lessons still safe?
- Coronavirus and pregnancy: Hospitals crackdown allowing one support person in maternity
- Fun activities to do with the kids while isolating at home
- “They were shocked!” Sonia Kruger reveals how the Big Brother Australia cast were told about coronavirus
- Coronavirus, babies and children: What parents need to know
- Australian Schools and Coronavirus: Should I keep my child home from school due to COVID-19?