New to Bounty?
If the transition from cot to big bed is on the horizon for your toddler or preschooler, get prepared with the ergoPouch First Bedding Collection.
Suitable from 2 years of age, the ergoPouch Demi/Cot Convertible Cotton Quilt 7.0 TOG is a unique year-round quilt, ideal for toddlers or preschoolers for use in a cot (with sides removed, or cot mattress on the floor) to help your child learn how to use blankets before graduating to a big bed. The ‘Warm’ demi quilt is rated 7.0 TOG / 500 grams, suitable for room temperatures under 20℃ (69℉). Wear your favourite ergoPouch Sleeping Bag, Suit, Onesie or PJ’s in a lower TOG in conjunction with the demi quilt while they get used to pulling up the blanket. Add our Organic Toddler Pillow for the full solution, to help prepare for the big-bed transition.
The Demi size of our Convertible Cotton Quilt features zips down both sides. Once your mini is ready for their big bed, the quilt can be connected to another Demi size to become a standard single quilt suitable for use on a single bed. We suggest connecting to the Light 3.5 TOG / 350 g weight to have an all-season solution. Simply rotate the quilt to have the appropriate TOG half on your child’s body, according to the room temperature. At this stage, your child can also graduate to our TOG rated Pyjama’s without the need for their sleeping bag/suit/onesie.
Our Convertible Cotton Quilt in Demi size can be machine washed. We suggest tumble-drying the quilt to maintain loft.
Hot tip: Purchase a second demi quilt to have as a spare when one half is in the wash! You will eventually connect these two halves together to make a single quilt once your child is in their big bed.
Looking for a single bed solution straight away? Check out our Convertible Cotton Quilt in Single size.
HOW TO USE
For use with a cot from 2 years of age:
1. Unzip the Convertible Cotton Quilt
2. Use appropriate TOG-rated half in the cot, or on a cot mattress on floor (see packaging for temperature guide)
3. Put your child to bed wearing their favourite sleeping bag/suit/onesie in a lower TOG along with the blanket, as the get used to using blanket
4. Add our Organic Toddler Pillow to complete their big-bed-training set up
For use with a single bed:
1. Zip two halves together to form a standard single quilt
2. Add a quilt cover if desired; we suggest our Organic Quilt Cover and Pillowcase set
3. Use the appropriate TOG-rated half, as the half that covers your child’s body for sleep (see packaging for temperature guide)
4. Simply rotate the quilt on the bed as the room cools or heats
We suggest regularly washing your quilt for a healthier sleep. If only one half needs washing, unzip the quilt to remove the soiled half. The quilt is machine washable. Tumble-dry to maintain loft.